Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My website.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Gunnage.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)18:13    Post subject: My website. Reply with quote

This is my first website I've ever made. Rolling Eyes
Please tell me if it is an OK website for a first. Embarassed
If it isn't let me know Laughing

This is it:
www.geocities.com/daniel_is_fished/Aquapage.html?1137403679960

This is the new and improved 1:
www.geocities.com/daniel_is_fished/Aquapage.html?1137468063350

Thank you.

Bala Shark Very Happy

Working on a banner Very Happy

Last edited by Gunnage. on 2006.01.16(Mon)21:27; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Gunnage.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...
it isn't very good I admit...
if there is any way I could improve it please let me know Mr. Green
It was just to let people know about this website, and for people to know about majestics.

Thank you to the people who have veiwed it..

Bala Shark Daniel.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Higgy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you need to do is realize what you want your site to do which I feel you have. You've expressed the interest in your hobby and are promoting your favorite sites. The next thing you have to do is consider your audience. Who is looking at your site? Is it friends or friends of friends or is it random web surfers? I think you'd do better to first tell a little about yourself and maybe the tanks you have and what your plans and goals for those tanks are. Third comes the design. There is a lot of debate about the most common operating systems that people are using and issues with backwards compatibility (making your website display correctly in old browsers). When I design a site I ALWAYS do it for a 1024 x 768 screen resolution, if your visitors have bigger resolution then so be it but if they have smaller they need to move out of the stone age anyway. The majority will most likely use 1024. I also try to give the website its own personality because in my opinion a good website should BE a personality. I'm not a big fan of textured backgrounds such as the one you use on your site but I must say yours is done in good taste (it doesn't interfere with font legibility). Your colors, while not my first choice, are nicely selected and not gaudy. Your pictures could stand to be either bigger or clearer . . . however the mouseover effect isn't necessary on the links because it's obvious that they're links to external sites.

You are off to a great start and I applaud you for trying. You've done far better than many long-time "designers" could ever dream of doing.

Here are a couple of sites that I've taken part in designing

http://www.phiggy.scornedmonkey.com/ (closed for the moment)
http://www.scornedmonkey.com (my very vulgar friend . . . I don't recommend ANYONE visiting this site)
http://www.crossroads-band.info (my dad's website that I designed for him)

Let me know if there is anything specific I can help you with.
Gunnage.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, great sites!
I appreciate your help Very Happy
I will try to make it better in any way possible, and I will explain about myself .
thank you so much, your a great help!

Daniel

Higgy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

No problem . . . the only thing you have to remember is to never give up. My first website was a disaster now that I look back on it.
James in OH
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higgy,

How well do you know flash?
Gunnage.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.16(Mon)21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the newest improvement on my website:
www.geocities.com/daniel_is_fished/Aquapage.html?1137468656270

Higgy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.17(Tue)5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

James in OH wrote:
Higgy,

How well do you know flash?

http://www.hollowdragonfly.com/flash/flash_main.html

There are still a few bugs in this program and it was one of the first things my friend and designed as far as flash is concerned. Here's another example:

http://www.hollowdragonfly.com/index.htm (click strange attractor at the bottom).

If you need a flash file made feel free to ask.

Daniel,
It's getting better. Stick with it.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.01.17(Tue)10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only change the text color for "My Aqua Page" and get rid of the cursor trailer. It too distracting. Other than that, I like it. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Higgy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.17(Tue)13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes!! Very distracting plus it doesn't work in all browsers (which is why I didn't notice it to begin with. I think with that background your choices of font colors are going to be limited. If it were me I'd make the title text the same color as the content text and use a binding color such as a black or dark gray.
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: