Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Calling All Canadians...
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jeLcoke
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.09(Mon)14:01    Post subject: Calling All Canadians... Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get Dwarf Hairgrass and/or Java Moss from a LFS or online that will ship to canada for reasonable shipping rates???

I have been to 4 Big Al's locations in the Toronto Area and none of them have either of the those two plants....

So let me know if you know of somewhere else that carries it.
bluepixie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.09(Mon)14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to/able to travel, the Big Al's in Kitchener does carry Java Moss at least, and sometimes dwarf hairgrass. The moss looked pretty grotty last time I was in, but they were getting a new shipment a couple days later.

The other store I've had quite a lot of luck with is Petcetera. The location in Waterloo is fabulous; great selection of plants (and very healthy fish!) I wasn't looking specifically for anything so I can't remember what they had. Last time I was there the selection looked like someone had taken a weed whacker through the tank, but usually they have great quality and lots of variety.

You might want to try if there's a Petcetera near you; but as is common with chain stores, it's possible that we're just really lucky here with the staff.
sCaM
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.09(Mon)15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in calgary but if there is a petland near you they have them thier as well as a wide variaty of other plants and good quality fish with 30day garentee
McP
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.01.10(Tue)10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking for independent shops. Youve gone to four stores, but you went to four that were from the same chain Confused Id get out the yellow pages. Smile You could also look into aquarium clubs in your area as you will save money buy trading with/buying from those members.
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.01.10(Tue)12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about e.tennelus instead of hair grass?

I have Java moss and tennellus.

www.pricenetwork.ca is a Toronto Aquarium / computer related spot that fish folks trade a lot on. Should be some folks with hair grass ...
grapeape
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.11(Wed)0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in edmonton and big als always has java moss. try www.bigalsonline.com
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: