Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fish Camera
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bettaluvr
Members

PostPosted: 2005.10.30(Sun)14:16    Post subject: Fish Camera Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a wireless color camera that looks like a fish and is remote controlled so that people can view their fish easily without the fish behaving differently because you're sitting right there. I'm waterproofing a wireless pinhole camera and hooking it up to the computer. I want to make it look and swim as much like a fish as possible but need to decide on a fish to design it to look like. This one would be a small freshwater fish. It needs to be tall and relatively wide. Length doesn't matter as much. Any reccommendations for fish to modle it after?
CCS
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.30(Sun)20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a cichlid?
grapeape
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.11.03(Thu)21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a puffer?
Lord Steve0
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.11.14(Mon)13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

The olny fish camera I've ever seen was about a foot long and a foot high. It was used in a big marine tank at an aqarium.
I think there is a limit to the size and shape you can do due to the swimming ability of it.
The chances of making one that swims like a fish is small. Best bet is to just make a waterproof camera and disguise it as some driftwood or a plant. Then you don't need to worry about it being seen or having to mak it swim.
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to descise itself as something that floats, maybe a lily pad that takes videos maybe?

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=29952
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ultra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the noise and vibrations of whatever electrical motor your going to use will not scare the fish away even more then perhaps patiently waiting motionless next to the tank....?
iansmith
Members

PostPosted: 2006.02.22(Wed)22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power would be the biggest technical issue. Smallest camera I know of needs a 9volt battery to run it. To control it you need at the minimum a way to control balast, move forward and turn. Thats a lot to pack into a tiny space, and would eat a battery pretty quick.

There are plenty of fairly cheap cameras that come with pan/tilt/zoom remote controllers. Try www.x10.com to see what they have. Just don't be fooled by "HURRY, LAST DAY OF SALE" promotions. EVERY day is the ending of some sale or other there, they always have specials going on. Smile
MrTwister
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.23(Thu)13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fish store I used to work at sold remote controlled submarines. they wre very small, about the size of a few fingers........I dunno maybe mount a camera on one of those, or strip the guts out and use them for your runnnig gear on your fish camera, good luck.
wakechick
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.02.23(Thu)13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of my cichlids love it when I come to the tank. if I sit in front of it they all come toward the front of the glass and check me out I can even reach in and touch them if I want too. lol is that normal because everyone else says theirs run away and hide
Gaza
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.23(Thu)14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with MrTwister I have one of those and it was only a tenner(
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: