Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Anybody built their own sump?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
adamprice271
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.05(Wed)14:17    Post subject: Anybody built their own sump? Reply with quote

I have been planning this for a few weeks now and have just started building my own sump....not with a tank though. I went the cheap route and am using rubbermaid tubs. This is going on a 135g to make it SW. I am building 2 acrylic overflows that will then run down to a plastic 3 shelf container (one you'd see in a college dorm). On the top deck there will be 2 bulk heads dropping to the first tray. All 3 trays are drilled for drip trays now and will have media pads in them. A hole was cut in the rubbermaid tub lid and the shelf is siliconed onto it(using plastic adhesive of course). Three sheets of acrylic are getting glued into place tommorow so I have a section for bioballs, 1 for calerpa(with 2 strip lights over the top) and at last it flows to the last section with the pump on it. I have to be running 1200gph so does anyone know what size hosing I need from the skimer to the sump? I'll post pics of progress later on when I find the camera charger.

Adam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.12.05(Mon)4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: