Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY Canopy Enough Light?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.07.14(Thu)12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Matt,

I will go for a 2x55 watt kit plus a 1x55 kits, I think that will work, thanks for all your help.

Luis
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.07.14(Thu)13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem... that will be a gorgeous tank... post pics when it's running!
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.07.14(Thu)13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a promise, I am taking pic step by step in case that someone wants to make their own.

Your help was great,

Luis
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.07.14(Thu)13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way,

at this very moment I am putting together a kid that just came in the mail for my 10 G tank, I order the 2x13 watt Bright Kit
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.08.06(Sat)22:08    Post subject: UP DATE Reply with quote

Well,

the canopy is ready, the lights look so incredibly good. I can't find words to express de difference with the old fluorescent tubs that I had to the ones that I placed.

At the end was the 2x55 lights with one 6500k in the front and a 5500K in the back, they look so good. One of the Discus is not to happy with the new lights, I think the tank is now to bright, but they will be moved soon to the 90 G anyway.

I wish someone could be nice enough to tell me how to put pics in here so that I can show you the result of the canopy plus the lights, I am very proud of my job Wink

If you do give me the how to place pics on here, please take in to consideration that I have an iBook Mac computer, using OS X

Thank you all.

P.S.

I am building a stand for the 10 G now, this will be a try out for the 90 G, I'll keep you post it.
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.08.07(Sun)9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

either of these sites will allow photo hosting...

www.villagephotos.com

and

www.imagestation.com

imagestation allows you to host more photos than village, but occasionally I've had problems w/ hot-linking...

both are free to join...

once you've got your photos on the internet, get their URL by clicking on the photo and copying the address...

to post a photo on this message board... type the following (taking out the ".")

[.img.]http=www.adogplayingpiano.com[/.img]

of course "adogplayingpiano" will be replaced by the photo's link... Smile

hope that helps!
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.08.07(Sun)21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

photobucket.com is also a good place to host your photos and they are free also. You can also do some editing from that site.
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.08.16(Tue)11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here are some pics on how the tank looks now with the new lights and hood. I have not recive the pics of the Canopy yet, as soon as I have them I will share them, however in this two pics before and after you can see that with the new lights the plants are doing so much better. Specially the Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea lotus) on the right front of the tank, in the first pic which is before you can see that there is only two very long leafs almost reaching the top. With the new lights my leafs are grown thicker and bigger, if you look carfully you can see two large leafs on the mid tank from the same plant.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/pianodog/Prelights012.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/pianodog/Newlights002.jpg

I do not know if you can see this pics as this is my first time trying, if you can't please let me know how to so that I can share this great pics with you all.

Thanks again,

Luis
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.08.16(Tue)12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD,

I was able to see it just fine, looks good!
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.08.16(Tue)19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me also
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: