Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pool -> Indoor Pond
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Poseidon
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.06.27(Mon)21:54    Post subject: Pool -> Indoor Pond Reply with quote

I'm thinking of blue prints for a new house and wondering if I could make a pool. Use no Clorine of course, put mesh over the filters and make one side of the pool glass so it can be seen in the living room on the lower story. Also put up a "fence" if you will to replace a tank lid.

Do you think this will be possible and/or practal? If not you have to admit it's a cool idea.

Okay, it's only a dream. After running some numbers,
It would be about 16,200 gallons of water,
weighs in a 70 tons (water and substrate),
would have to change like 2000 gallons of water a week,
not going to mention heater / lighting.

0.0, it looked a lot better on paper let's say.

PS: While I'm dreaming, Mmmm Arowana.
Arrow
Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.28(Tue)23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if your interested but I just put a post the aqua lounge about a guy making a swimming pond without chemicals...he created a gaint undergravel filter...If u didn't have a large bioload surely you could stretch your water changes too. U could set it up to use the drained water for household things like clothes washing or use it to heat/cool water I think if u made it as usefull as possible it would be an acheivable dream! Goodluck I would love to see that finished!
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: