Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
FAQ: Scratching fish/white spots...is it Ich? What to do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Hasi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.06.01(Wed)18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear frosty, wish there was more I could do to help you Crying or Very sad

Have a read of this site aswell, maybe it isnt just ich although I'm not sayin to start treating for anything else.

http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html
tinfoilowner
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.01(Wed)23:46    Post subject: Pictus Catfish and Ich Reply with quote

I had a terrible situation with Ich affecting my 3 Pictus Catfish about a year ago. ANY Ich medication I used seemed to make the fish worse, I ended losing all 3 of these fish. They are VERY SENSITIVE to ICH and very sensitive to medications. As much as I love these fish, I have decided to stay away from them.
Frosty
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.06.02(Thu)5:40    Post subject: Thanks again Reply with quote

Hasi I have been at pandora's emporium on a regular basis. As I have been all over the net to other sites too. Before we even got into this hobby we did a lot of research. I have all of the spots you gave me are in my favourites and appreciate all. I haven't lost any more fish and right now all seems happy. I went to the LFS and he said the same thing as the site you sent me to. Just change 50% of water and salt. So we are waiting. He also seems to think there is more going on here. The stress levels seem to be going down and everyone is eating, swimming and not itching at the moment. They all have a bit of reddness around there fins now though and my apollo is still missing some scales and has fin deteriorating issues, but all seem better since I took out the meds. We are going to salt one more day and leave the filtration media in and see what happens. If the cycle starts over we might try another ich med. Thanks to all for your advice. It was greatly appreciated!!! Smile
Sterling365
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.02(Thu)9:04    Post subject: Ich Reply with quote

I've been going through the same thing as you. I was using the same tablets as you but I switched to the Rid-Ich liquid medicine and I saw IMMEDIATE results. Try using that instead. It's more expensive ($6.30 for the smaller 4 oz. bottle) but you won't have to keep buying those tablets.
john-e
Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.07(Tue)20:51    Post subject: Ich treatment Reply with quote

I have noticed a couple of what can only be described as grains of salt on my rummeys, I am pretty sure this is ich. Is it advisable to remove the carbon pad from the filter (juwel compact H) before treatment even though the manufacturer does not state this?
Thanks Sad
Frosty
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.06.08(Wed)6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes definitely take the carbon out as it absorbs the medicine. When you are done treatment you can put it back in. Just run it under very hot water before re-using it. Good luck with your ich.
john-e
Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.08(Wed)8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks for the advice Frosty Very Happy
LOgan SLOgan
Members

PostPosted: 2005.06.08(Wed)22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on the fish u have u could raise the temp in your tank past 26 degrees cause the ick does poorly in 1 of the stages at that temp

treat the ick for at least 14 days and do a water change at the end

GOOD lUCK! Cool Very Happy
~sunshine~
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.06.13(Mon)18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ich meds work. Also, increasing your salinity helps a lot. I would raise the temperature, as well. I have only had one ich problem in my life and it cleared up pretty quickly. Ich isn't like fungus, and It is easy enough to treat. Good luck and happy fishkeeping!

http://www.deathbydyeing.org/ take a look. you'll be pretty surprised
Ryan Yates
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.06.14(Tue)4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two bouts of ich recently, both as a direct result of not quarantining new additions to the tank. Both times it was remedied using 2 teaspoons of salt per gallon, and raising the temperature of the tank.

Only raising the temperature isn't enough to kill ick for sure, I have read that they will die at around 30
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to: