Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Makin' my own tank?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
~sunshine~
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)19:20    Post subject: Makin' my own tank? Reply with quote

Is it possible for me to construct my own tank? What material should I use? What about plexi glass (I don't know if I spelled that right)? I think it would be a great project for my dad and I. I only want to make a tank 4-10 gallons. Bigger would be great, but I don't know how strong a home made tank would be. What tools would be needed? I just think it would be a fun thing to do, and I am not worried about how practical it would be, as long as it wouldn't cost a whole lot more than just buying the tank. I simply want to do this for fun. Then I would probably just have some guppies in it or something simple. I will really appreciate any help.

http://www.deathbydyeing.org/ take a look. you'll be pretty surprised
M249spence
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a thread that I read about building your own tank a while back. hope it helps.

on another note sunshine, did you ever get that freshwater crab and if so hows he/she doing? good luck!

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18883[/url]
~sunshine~
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.19(Thu)15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose not to get the crab, for I found they are a litte sensative. I have, however, settled with snails. Thanks!!

http://www.deathbydyeing.org/ take a look. you'll be pretty surprised
honmol

PostPosted: 2005.10.22(Sat)22:08    Post subject: sorry, but. . . Reply with quote

Sorry. I'm a little obsessive about grammar and noticed that you said my dad and I. It should be my dad and me. I'm trying not to correct people so much but it's tough Neutral
J.B.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.10.22(Sat)23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^You have got to be kidding me Rolling Eyes
Higgy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.23(Sun)7:36    Post subject: Re: sorry, but. . . Reply with quote

honmol wrote:
Sorry. I'm a little obsessive about grammar and noticed that you said my dad and I. It should be my dad and me. I'm trying not to correct people so much but it's tough Neutral

Well, technically I believe the proper use there would by for my dad and myself. But seriously, correcting a small grammar mistake like that is a little much. It is my belief that as long as people make an honest attempt to spell correctly and use decent punctuation that we should leave well enough alone.
rm-slover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.23(Sun)21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - to get back on topic!

I think making a tank that small would be an utter waste of time and money. it would probably cost you more in supplies and time thatn it would cost you to go and buy a 10G from walmart (9.97) you can even get 2 1/2 and 5 gallon tanks in glass.

I went to a tropical fish swap today where they were selling their old tanks, I bought 4-10 gal and 4-5 gallon glass tnaks for $20. research your area for a local fish club and see about their meetings, youll never know what youll get.
The Veezer
Members

PostPosted: 2005.12.16(Fri)18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! I would just like to add my opinion to this "grammar". It was right before, the proper grammer is, indeed, my dad and I. And if not, than I haven't learned anything in school. Rolling Eyes Sorry for the complete topic change, but it was kind of funny...

If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
michael_kaysen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.12.16(Fri)19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

To contradict Robin Williams in "Dead Poets Society," the purpose of language actually is to communicate. I believe that in this instance, that has been accomplished. However, since we have the grammar expert here, I've always wondered something; in a situation like my first sentence, is it appropriate for the , to be place before or after the " ?
The Veezer
Members

PostPosted: 2005.12.16(Fri)20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me??? Confused Well, if you are talking to me, then I would say yes, the comma should be before the quotations. Just my thoughts though. But your right, the communication got through. Lol. And anywho, could plexi glass be used for a tank? And if so, what kind of glue can be used?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: