Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Board was down...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to do one on brown algae for someone and just got 1 that is a new post.
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well while I was just reading the new posts and came out of one, there were several left to read, it said it couldn't find subjects that I was looking for. I had to hit the back button several times before it put me back to unread posts.
Fishkeeper55
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It keeps bumping me off the board, like when I tried to login I and had to do it six times then when I finally was back on I made a reply to a topic and it asked me to login again, then I was getting ready to check my PM's and it asked me to login once more, I don't really mind that much just thought you should know!

Also it scared me half-to-death when I couldn't get on the site, I though hackers had made a break through and got into the site and messed it up or something. (that was a close one!)
R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21
Jacquie W
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small difference - in our Profiles page the section for our tank descriptions is gone; the tank descriptions are now listed in the "Interests" box. hth.

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)15:07    Post subject: once again Reply with quote

Marcos it is doing it once again except now more frequently!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean its bumping Fishkeeper55 off again, its me and now it won't let me on! So I have to talk under a guest s/n!
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.18(Wed)22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

odd my sign in is working like a charm. auto signing me in and all. maybe it just likes me Wink
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.20(Fri)22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the board down again for sometime today?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.20(Fri)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. it wasn't working for me earlier this morning and around lunch time.

andrew
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.05.21(Sat)18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's see:

benedictj and others who commented on the search issue. I'd already mentioned that in a previous post in this topic. I just highlighted it in boldface now to make it more visible Wink

Fishkeeper55: My guess is that you're still accessing the board from www.aquahobby.org. Check your bookmarks and read the topic here in site issues about accessing the site through www.aquahobby.com

Jacquie W: thanks, the language module got overwritten with the update but I've now reapplyed the previous changes we had.

Indiaqualover: yes it was down for a while in that period, but this time I dug deep into the website and found out a cheat (no thanks to the techincal support) to restart mySQL by myself, so it lasted just about half an hour.

Anyway, after sending a rather blunt message to the hosting support I think I finally got them to take the issue seriously. Instead of the usual "I've restarted your server" I just got a reply from the hosting support administration which is actually the FIRST in all these days that seems to really address the issue and attempt a permanent solution. Here's the exchange...if anyone is well versed in these technical issues I'd appreciate your comments on what they say:

Marcos Avila wrote:
mySQL server has just crashed again after running for 3 days, and as before, it's not restarting by itself. Also as before, in my cpanel I get the following error if I click on the Manage MySQL Server link:

The requested URL /cpanel/m_mysql.php was not found on this server.

It seems pretty clear that this problem will not just go away and it is unacceptable that every time the server will stay down for several hours while I contact the support team for you to manually restart the server, so I URGE you to address this issue seriously and make a thorough verification of the mySQL situation on aquahobby.com, I cannot continue my managed dedicated hosting with AIT under these conditions.

AIT Support wrote:
Hello,

In checking your issue we checked the task that we have set up to restart the mysql server. We were able to stop and restart the server using the script so we were able to verify that it was working. In tracing the problem further back we found that the cron daemon was running but in a defunct state. We have restarted the cron daemon and verified that the automated task will now run for your dedicated server.

If you have any further issues or questions please let us know.

Thank you,
Willie Martin
Systems Administration

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: