Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My community tank
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)6:37    Post subject: My community tank Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a community tank comprising of 6 carps, 3 gouramis, 7 Mbunas, 2 bronze cories, a pleco. They have gone together so well. here are some of their pictures.

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:

Image 5:

Image 6:

Image 7:

Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
BettaBaby
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)15:28    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

wow you have a very nice tank! by the way how big is it? I didn't see anywhere you mentioned it. you should try to get a full view of the tank too. I think that would be nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Fishkeeper55
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with bettababy, I would like to see a full sized view too!
R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the full tank shot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
blake
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite the mix of fish do they all get along what tempature do you keep your tank at cause I believe carp are cold water and the rest are tropical
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep it at around 25 degree centigrade. They have been living in these conditions for the past 3 months. They get along well actually. No fighting. I forgot to mention about the mollies in the tank. I have 3 sailfins and a black molly. They have been giving birth every 3 weeks. I guess the tank is healthy.
Francheska
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
nice photos Smile
in your profile it states that your tank dimensions are
Quote:
Length = 20" Breadth = 9" Height = 10"

Is that so? Shocked

F.
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. That is the tank, I have posted now. I know it might sound too small for too many fish. But, there has been no problem at all.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Prakash, I'm really sorry to have to say this once again in a topic of yours, but I just cannot allow our visitors to see a tank like that and think that here at Aquahobby.com we endorse the way you keep your fish. That tank is RIDICULOUSLY small for the species being kept in it, GROSSLY overstocked and with no regard at all for fish compatibility. The only reason you think that tank is "doing so well" is because you have extremely lowered expectations as to what consists of a fish doing well. You are, in just about every sense, a major fish-haver and a very poor example to others here. Sorry for the bluntness but as long as you continue "advertising" setups like this on this board and trying to convince people that there's "no problem at all" with them, this is the type of response you're going to get.

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the only way I can say this nicely and yet truthfully is to give you an example. Let's say you loved dogs, and decided that you'd like to raise dogs. And lets say that you purchased a kennel about, oh, 15 by 12 feet, and then put into that kennel a Great Dane, 2 Labradors, 2 jack russel terriers and a Siberian Husky.
You might be alright for the first few months, but as time went on, the task of cleaning the thing would be outrageous. The dogs would become crowded as they grew, and intolerant of each other as thier hormones grew in pace. Soon there would be fights, stress, injuries, infections from unsanitary conditions...ect and so forth. Anyone can see that in time, this situation could not be maintained with the dogs still in good health and happiness.
The example of the dogs is outrageous enough to sound ridiculous..who would do such a foolish thing? And yet, by stocking a tank that small with those fish, you are making a similar mistake. 3 months is not long enough to gauge if a tank is healthy, or fish well adjusted. Please reconsider your tank.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: