Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Updated pictures of My Arowana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some ping-pong balls floating on the tank always. I believe that keeps drop eye away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

prakash_sritharan wrote:
I have some ping-pong balls floating on the tank always. I believe that keeps drop eye away.

are you serious? where did you get that information?
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across that link in some website. I'm unable to recall. But it must have worked for someone. Why would they float ping-pong balls then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, aren't ping-pong balls coated in some type of chemical? Anyway, I've never heard of it before... but hey, if it works for you... Smile
McP
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people leave ping pong balls in their tanks for this problem. However I don't think I've ever seen documented research on it. But I've seen a lot of people claim it works. As for the tank I second that longer is better than deeper. These are cruising fish and need some room to spread their fins.
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see where the mistake is. The length is 6 feet and not 4 feet. Thats where I made the mistake. Why I was emphasising on he depth is that I have'nt seen such deep tanks in India before.
JeremyL
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm to cure drop-eye you'd need to establish a natural tank for the aro...an ideal tank would be something relatively large with natural sunlight without a hood...or you could just create an acrylic tank so he wouldn't keep looking at his own shadow.
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually heard of people telling me that Arowana's leap out of the tank. Shocked In such cases How can we have a tank without a hood? Very Happy . Probably this method must have worked for you. I think there are several ways we can cure diseases. As the saying goes : "Known is a drop unknown is an ocean". Very Happy
JeremyL
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.13(Sun)2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

They only leap out of the hood when startled...does your arowana leap out of the water just out of the blue? I don't think the animal will kill...it MIGHT, but the chances are not high. Although I do know some werid stories/cases where aro's have jumped out of the tank just before they are going to be sold to another owner...
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.13(Sun)3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it. How do they know that? Thats why we talk about extrasensory perception in animals. Good that they happen in fish too.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: