Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tank Talk of the Month :-)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic

Who would you kill to take over their house?
Cristiano Frade - Brazil
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Robert Mihalko - Slovakia
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Roy Andreassen - Norway
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Mike Kueny - USA
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.25(Fri)22:40    Post subject: Tank Talk of the Month :-) Reply with quote

The poll refers to February's Tank of the Month Special:

http://www.aquahobby.com/tanks/e_tank0502.php

Disclaimer: Aquahobby.com does not endorse the practice of killing people to take over their houses, even if they do own outrageously beautiful fish tanks inside the house Laughing

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.26(Sat)2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice touch with the disclaimer. vote for tank number 2 it looks really good and fits into the room.

andrew
cory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.26(Sat)8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be Marks as ita not only a great tank but is behind a bar Razz
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.27(Sun)8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know if I would kill over any of those tanks, but:

1) Cristiano Frade: It didn't look like anything was in the decantur. No drink = No vote.

2) Robert Mihalko: Too much living room, not enough tank in the picture. Plus he need new fabric on those couches. No vote.

4) Mike Kueny: I like the built in unit, but the fish above are tacky. I don't see any Jack D. in the picture. =) No drink = No vote.

3) Roy Andreassen: He's Norwegian. The Norwegian's are cool. They rule! He wins! =)

Pros, Roy's Tank:
Metal Egded tank. Don't see that to often anymore. Nice change.
Background. From what I can see it's not oppressive and feeling out of place in the tank.
I like the lighting in these pictures. The housing matches the tank. The blue lighting appears bright enough and is a pleasant shade.
There is enough fish in there to make the tank look busy without over crowding.

Cons, Roy's Tank:
Extention cable. It detracts from the whole picture. Nothing 2 sticky cable holders couldn't fix.
In the close up, the tank on the wood stand look fine. In the further shot it looks a bit out of place
The tank looks pulled away from wall. For maintaince, I'm assuming. Great idea for cleaning but doesn't look that good in photographing.
With the larger room picture the tank just doesn't seem to fit. Modern shiny metal on a medium colored wood base with the rest of the room appearing to have an older simplier styling.

Personally I don't like the looks of retangular tanks in corners, (ie Robert and Roy's) it just doesn't feel right to me. I've been blessed with being able to put my tank in the middle of the wall in my 2 apartments.

I have no idea why I decided to do a review, but there it is. Hope you enjoyed the little funny bits.

My wife is doing this to me I sure of it. All those house design shows and "Extreme Makeovers" for houses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: