Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ahh hah!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
esoteric
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)8:48    Post subject: Ahh hah! Reply with quote

I'm in!!!!! Hello everyone! Allow myself to introduce...uhhh...myself!? My name is John aka Esoteric. I'm excited to get back into aquariium game. Not just a game but a lifestyle. I have 2 tanks: 37 gal Eclipse and a 10 gal standard with alternating inhabitants. At this very moment the 37 has 2 Lionhead Goldfish and a pleco. The 10 has tropical community fish (that will be getting a larger home soon enough). I have plans to "experiment" with Cichlids in the near future. I hope I can be as helpful to you as I'm sure you be to me.
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. my first peice of advice is that goldfish are cold water fish and plecos are tropical fish. also a large number of species refered to as plecos get to big for a 37g aquarium. what type of pleco do you have?

andrew
esoteric
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleco is "common" and I bought it from a goldfish tank. There were many in the goldfish tanks at a few stores I went to so I took it as a sign that it was okay. I've read that they are very versitile and a couple degrees lower than normal won't hurt them. Is this wrong, he seems fine? And yes I am aware of the potential for size in plecos but I plan to purchase a much larger tank soon.
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.13(Sun)5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

acording to the gallery a common pleco needs 25'C water while most gold fish need 19'C water. 6' C differance. most likely the only reason the common plecos were in the goldfish tanks was because they needed somthing to eat the algae that is cheap incase it dies.

andrew
esoteric
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.13(Sun)10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Well My goldfish are actually quite happy in a higher temp so they will have to compromise. Everyone seems happy! I WILL remember that for the future though! Thanks for the advice!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: