Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New to the hobby, and new to here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
DrEmmerich
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.14(Mon)11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I took them back and had no problems doing it, so no harm, no fault. I'm in the middle of a fishless cycle now, so hopefully It will work through properly.
fishio123
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.18(Fri)22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I guarentee this website is the best forum there is on the web! Wink

I agree with everyone. Having a big tank is actually easier to maintin. Beginnners (such as myself), are recommended for a 20 to 29 gallon tank.

I'm also currently fishless cycling. I couldn't find PURE ammonia ANYWHERE. If you're expierencing bad luck, like I am. The last resort is to add fish food to your empty tank with your whole tank set up (including filter and heater). As the fish food starts decomposing, ammonia starts to appear. You would want to buy 2 test kits: Ammonia and nItrite (notice, nitrite not nirAte). And the same deal goes on....

I hope you're successful with your tank! Good luck!
DrEmmerich
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.19(Sat)11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've got my kits and am cycling now. As for ammonia I just went to Wal-Mart, got a big jug of household ammonia without phosphates or fragrences. Just to make sure I asked the pharmacist (The fellow here is a really helpful guy) and he looked it up and household ammonia is 10% ammonia, 90% pure water. Shake the bottle and make sure it doesn't foam and sudse. It's cheap too. $2 for a 2 liter jug. It's in the household cleaners asile.
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: