Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Harrasment from other members..
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
LunarFlame
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)20:46    Post subject: Harrasment from other members.. Reply with quote

Hi, I was just wondering what the forums policy is on members harassing other members through PM's and such. Can I report them anywhere?
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lunar, we've taken steps to resolve this issue. My apologies for you having to endure the childish behavior of another member. His ISP has been tracked and further acts of harassment will be sent to the proper authorities.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Steve said, this particular case has been solved quickly and easily because the subject at hand has commited serious offenses in public posts today, so he's just been permanently banned from the board, end of story.

But to answer your general question about harassment by PM, we would not be comfortable taking action in the extremely rare case where a person behaved properly on the board, but improperly through PM's which we do not have access to. In this case I guess the best option would be for the target person to simply delete any PM sent by the offender without reading it, and I really doubt that an inherent troublemaker or socially inept individual would be able to behave publicly on the board long enough without getting expelled eventually for other offenses...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: