Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
[split] Posting and you
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you post links to things that odd I have the right to use chat lingo and bad spelling ect! so personal attacks on members ability to spell aye? a bad move marcos a bad move Twisted Evil . lol anyways it would be advisable and commical to force new members to watch that.

andrew
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first of all where did you get the impression I was making a personal attack on anyone?

Second, where did you get the impression that I was addressing anyone's ability to spell? AFAIK chat lingo and/or refusal to punctuate or capitalize is a choice, not a skill or lack of one.

Third, the paragraph below has been in the General Guidelines of this board for several years now (in case you haven't noticed) so I didn't add anything new in that reply...

Quote:
Exclamation The official language of this Board is standard International English, including its full set of punctuation and capitalization rules. We do NOT allow the use of typing, jargon and abbreviations typical of real-time Chat Rooms and Messengers (netspeak). However, we are very tolerant and welcoming towards non-native English speakers who are trying the best they can to type in standard English.

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, I was joking. which is the reason I typed
Quote:
lol
. wow aussie humor is a lot different from north american. I thought you were teasing me on the fact that I now and then make spelling errors! meh whatever you gusy just don't understand us aussies Crying or Very sad .
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense slackera, but you're a transplanted Canuck just like I am and last I checked Brazil (where Marcos is from) is South America. If you really want to take the same train of thought for him, then you'd have to say he's Japanese. Laughing Laughing Laughing
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.09(Wed)1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually as my pasport says I am an australian, and in 2 years I shall be voting. oh ya I forgot marcos was in japan and from south america. good point! lol. I donn't know how this got so out of hand I was joking I wasn't saying marcos was making a full on personal attack on me, but I often make spelling mistakes so I though marcos was making a little attack against me/nudge about my lack of spelling ability! and I replied with a little tease at him but all in good fun notice the Twisted Evil guy is smiling and the "lol". just a incident of misunderstanding.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: