Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hey all...new here
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
blb
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.04(Fri)9:23    Post subject: Hey all...new here Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm new here but not to goldfish. I have 4 goldfish tanks

29 gallon ~ pearlscale Putt Putt and veiltail Mae West
20 gallon ~ ranchu Calico and runkyn Cutie Pie
20 gallon ~ 2 fantail Miss Piggy, Halloween and a telescope Pumpkin
10 gallon ~ common named Comet

The common, 2 fantails and telescope are rescues. My CO2-worker had them in a 1 gallon bowl!! I talked her into giving them to me since she wouldn't get a bigger tank. (btw I work at a vets. It just goes to show) The common is just waiting until spring then will go into a friend's pond. I know the fantails and telescope are in a small tank but it is all I have now. I plan on upgrading them in the future. It will have to be sooner than later since they have more than doubled since I got them right before Halloween. I have these 4 tanks on stands next to each other. 2 tanks per stand with a chair right by them. It is my favorite place to sit in my house! I love watching them and as my teenagers tell me, will do so for hours, lol.

I also have a 5 gallon betta tank and a 30 gallon communtiy tank with 3 gourmais, 5 white clouds, 6 small tetras and 2 cory catfish. Plus a 75 gallon that is almost at the end of fishless cycle (yea!!) that will be a planted tank (getting a new light next week) with angels and rams.

I love to spoil my goldies. They get peas, zuiccinni, oranges, frozen bloodworms, frozen daphnia, frozen brine shrimp as well as ProGold pellets and sprillina. I am a firm believer of weekly water changes. My goldfish tanks are planted tanks too. There is java fern, java moss, amazon sword, onion plants, anacais and another one I can't think of the name, lol. I have found that I can't keep all the plants in all the tanks as some of the goldies like to eat them more than others. My 20 gallon rescue tank probably has the most since when I got them they were very skidish so I keep putting more and more plants in to help them hide. They do the best with them.

I am looking forward getting to know everyone! I would love to hear what set-ups you all have.

Beth
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.05(Sat)0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

its fantastic to know a new member with such knowledge of fish is joining us. I will personally make it my mission to slowly give you nudges to post some pics of your tanks Laughing . I personally have a 32g freshwater which has gone to hell(algae probs its being unsetup) but my pride(not at the moment) and joy is my nano reef. 7.5g of mini ocean! I have two clownfish in it which is a little to much so I am having fun with algae Mad . anyways welcome!

andrew

Last edited by SLACkra on 2005.02.05(Sat)21:00; edited 1 time in total
blb
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.05(Sat)6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Slackra! I have always wanted to do a nano reef!! I bet the clown is loving his/her own little world! I also have algae in my 30 gallon community. It is pea soup there, lol. I am thinking of getting daphnia and keeping it in a breeders net to feed on the algae. I will let you know if it works!
Beth
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.05(Sat)21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I actually have 2 clowns now. I typed to instead of two. now its fixed. there enjoying it I am not! cyano bacteria is annoying. but they both have individual personalities its very cool and they both accept food from my hand. my current plans are to upgrade my marine to a 15-20 gallon tank (halide lighting cool corals, my dream)and turn my 7.5g into a mini planted!

andrew
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: