Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Breeding section
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Patrick005
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)13:00    Post subject: Breeding section Reply with quote

I would just like to recomend a section for breeding. IMO breeding is a good part of this hobby and should be included.
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

questions about breeding should really be posted in the fish and invertabrate areas. though a small forum for just breeding fish would be nice.

andrew
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically we haven't had very many questions related exclusively to breeding issues and so we haven't seen the need for a forum devoted to the subject. I'm sure if there was a major change and breeding questions became the norm we would then consider adding a special forum category.

Thanks for the suggestion though, it's members that care enough to offer suggestions that helps make AofA better everyday.

Cheers,
Steve
Patrick005
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.24(Mon)13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you build it they will come -Field of Dreams- Laughing
Doosharm
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.02.01(Tue)10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well would it be possible to add a section to the site itself or something? If not an entire breeding section maybe an "emergencey fry care" article. Many people do not voluntarily breed thier fish. I know I have recently had some cories breeding that I was entirely unprepared for. I was in a panick to find some good information on how to take care of the fry. Similarly, many people that are new to the hobby come on this forum to ask for help with their livebearer fry. A special section or article could help tremendously and prevent people from having to answer the same questions repeatedly. I'm sure there are enough people that visit this site to fill up an entire website of its own with breeding information and fry care. You could start with the simple fish like livebearers and cories and then move on to harder to breed fish. I don't know if that is asking too much but its just an idea. This site has so much great information already, but I think it could be a little more complete with a breeding section of sorts. And if a section is made, you may end up getting enough questions about breeding that you would need a section on the forum as well...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: