Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hey My Favorite Christmas Gift Brings me here..
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Balance
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)11:32    Post subject: Hey My Favorite Christmas Gift Brings me here.. Reply with quote

I just got a 29gallon tank from my girlfriend for Christmas. I've been reading a lot since I found I was getting it. I am currently cycling it with 6 Tiger Barbs. Hopefully they make it. Very funny fish. I am not sure what I plan to do afterwards I figured Tiger Barbs would be a good entry way to either a community or cichlid tank when I decide which way I'd like to go.
Francheska
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Congratulations on your new aquarium!
Don
Balance
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)11:56    Post subject: Water Changes Reply with quote

Thanks Fran! On the water changes..how often and how much? They guy at the LFS didn't seem to mention any, I know I should do 10-20% weekly when its all good and running. but what about right now during cycling? I don't remember reading anything special there. ALSO. how often to feed? I put in a tiny bit last night after they were in the tank for maybe 5hours...it was as though the food didn't even exist. The pH is at 7.0 and the temp is about 70-75 right now.

Thanks again!
Francheska
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I suggest you do a 20-25 % water change every other day. Don
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: