Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Aquarank voting link is back ;-)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)8:34    Post subject: Aquarank voting link is back ;-) Reply with quote

Those who've been around for a while may remember that the Age of Aquariums was the virtually undisputed #1 on Aquarank between 2000 and 2003, during which the "competition" there was nice and healthy. But I decided to pull the plug just over a year ago because of some "message board freaks" from other sites who suddenly decided they wanted their sites occupying the #1 position at any cost, so they not only began some very aggressive campaigns on their own sites to persuade people into voting, but they also began to use some extremely hostile and offensive tactics on other sites...spamming message boards, guestbooks and e-mail boxes with all sorts of hate mail, taunting and mockery, accusations of cheating flying all over the place, and so on. Being one of the top sites there, the Age of Aquariums was obviously one of the most targeted, and after the owner of a well established and popular site - someone I'd known and respected since before either of us had websites and were just enthusiastic participants in the Fish & Aquaria Discussion List - publicly posted a message offending not only me but my entire country of origin, I decided I'd have no more of it.

But that was all more than year ago and I want to believe that this is part of the past, and most of those freaks have become bored and are long gone. Aquarank is still there and doing well, I'm a big admirer of Mark and his long-time commitment to the online fishkeeping community, so I'm hoping we can enjoy a healthy participation on Aquarank again.

All this is just to set the stage for what I hope will be everyone's participation here in the "game". If you like this site go ahead and vote for it...vote once a day if you can and wish to (further votes/day from the same user aren't computed), but please do not engage in any type of paranoia or campaign to push the site up on the rank, and especially, do not take any negative action against any other site just because they're better ranked. We took the high ground at the time this type of thing was happening, and we WILL take the high ground again if it comes to that...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...

Last edited by Marcos Avila on 2004.12.27(Mon)19:36; edited 3 times in total
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Marcos, we went from 86 to 51 in a matter of 1/2 an hour.
Zeco
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

42 now Smile

Jos
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding at 44. I'm curious as to what comes in the future... Wink
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

#35 Smile
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah, we're on the first page already, which is great and fun and all, but let's not keep posting an hourly track on the site's position here on the board, OK? That's how the paranoia begins Wink

Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I found the link to vote.. =P ... we are 13 (thehehehe). Maybe this can help find more advanced users and people who have tried new things that can share their experinces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.29(Wed)8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwww Marcos you are absolutely no fun at all *pout* I was only going to post until we reached #1 again. LOL
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have already voted. yey aquahobby. I don't know about you but I am an age of aquariumsian. oh aquahobby, our cool fish site, true good advice, with marcos' comand. with glowing tetras we see the light... I was bored and a modification of the canadian anthym seemed to work needs a little tweeking though Very Happy .

cheers

andrew
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like things went seriously bad for Mark Barnett over there this week...apparently he lost the entire 6-year-old database and had to start over from scratch. I've already re-registered the site and we can all start voting again Wink

Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: