Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Flash Photo Contest - Theme: Cats! :-)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic

Which photo did you like best?
Huntress - Timbre
34%
 34%  [ 14 ]
Zeco - Tamborim
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Marcos Avila - Sleepy Cheetah
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Puresouthern - My-My
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Sahara22588 - Duncan
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

Georgiadawgger
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.11.27(Sat)19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus, you need to set up a DAWGpost!! hehe I'm not a cat fan Sad
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.11.27(Sat)22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree lets get a dog one too. I bet I could get a really funny pic of my golden retreaver. anyways go sleepy cheetah awsome preditors!

cheers

andrew
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.28(Sun)20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the cats has got a good lead, but other candidates may still catch up! I'm going to let the voting go on until Monday night so that people who don't connect on weekends get a chance to participate...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.28(Sun)21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACK!!!! I won't tell Timbre because it'll go to his overly pretty, furry head. LOL I've almost edited the rest of the pictures, so I'll post the other thread tomorrow, so people can see what a ham he is and I'm constantly catching him doing something hilarious.

I'll tell you his history. Many of you know I worked at a vet clinic before US immigration reared their ugly heads and caused me difficulty and made me leave my job by revoking my employment papers. While I was there, someone left this kitty on the doorstep one morning. Along with him was a not saying he was an outdoor cat and he was killing wildlife and the anonymous person knew we'd find him a good home. While my great hunter is efficient at catching string and mauling hair ties, there's no way he was killing birds and decimating the ecological balance of the area. Reason?? He's got NO claws. LOL Anyways, we put him in a cage and proceeded to try and find him a home. He is a pure bred ruddy Abyssinian cat, who with papers would sell for at least $400-500. I told my husband about him and how sweet and personable he was. John said NO ABSOLUTELY NOT. Anyways, one day, I had to work late and he picked up our daughter from day care and brought her to visit. I brought them to the kennel and as he's saying hi to the dogs he gets a tap tap tap on his shoulder. I'll give you three guesses who it was and the first two don't count. Needless to say, we got his shots up to date, slapped a microchip under his skin and voila, home he came. Smile If anyone knows anything about Abbysinians, they know they are extremely personable and have striking personalities. Timbre (which means Bell in spanish, because we coouldn't call him doorstep LOL) doesn't demand attention, he takes it. He also sleeps on my hip in the middle of the night and does all kinds of crazy and silly things.

So that's the history of the crazy cat who sleeps in my dryer.
Puresouthern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.29(Mon)10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Huntress are you campaigning for your cat?? LOL Better becareful I'm from Florida and I'll demand a recount on the basis of ballot tampering Wink
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.29(Mon)11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO No Southern. I'm Canadian, so I have no issue with American politics. *gryn* I waited till Marcos said he was going to close the polls before going into his interesting history. My pets usually choose me, not the other way around. LOL
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.29(Mon)23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, voting period is over...Congrats to our winner Huntress with her masterpiece "Timbre" Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation *clap* *clap* *clap*

Honorable mention to Puresouthern's My-My that ended close behind, and to everyone else for the nice entries.

Huntress, you may now choose the theme of the next Flash Photo Contest...what'll it be? Smile

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Clare
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.30(Tue)4:40    Post subject: Feeling sad Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Am feeling very mopey now after seeing all of your beautiful moggies. This year my folks have had to euthanise 3 of our cats - Dorian Gray (15 years), in March for liver cancer;
Oofy Prosser (19 years), on Nov. 2, my dear ginger boy, who was so old that I literally can't remember a time when he wasn't around (I'm 22), and who never got sick, just older and older and quieter and quieter, until a few weeks ago he just started having fits.... Crying or Very sad
And most sad of all, last Thursday, my own little white moggie, Daisy-Mae, who had FIV. She was only 10.
*mope, wipes nose*

I have lots of beautiful pictures of my kitties, but was too choked up to post them. At least my folks still have our other 3 cats, who've been pronounced clear of FIV.
*sniffle*

Exclamation In case you think Oofy's name was wierd, he was named for the political editor of Punch magazine, a satirical mag that had been running since Victorian times and went defunct in the 80's, when people started to lose their ability to laugh at themselves.
Puresouthern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.30(Tue)9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Huntress!!! Very Happy
Sahara22588
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2004.12.01(Wed)20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I thought that pic was so funny!! Does your cat sleep in the dryer often? Duncan buried himself in a laundry basket once, but I didn't catch that on film...

This is the pic I was gonna post...

...but I thought there wasn't enough of Duncan in it to use. He ripped open his present last year at Christmas b/c it was chock-full of catnip. I love my kitty!!! He's so cute!!

Byez! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: