Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Please access the board through www.aquahobby.com!
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.08.19(Thu)2:45    Post subject: Please access the board through www.aquahobby.com! Reply with quote

Dear Members,

As part of an ongoing process to 'unify' the entire site in a single domain (www.aquahobby.com), today I just moved the board from aquahobby.org to aquahobby.com and reconfigured it so that it will run properly from there.

Please update your bookmarks/links so that you now enter the board through http://www.aquahobby.com

Accessing the board through aquahobby.org is still possible for now, but it may result in cookie problems. If you start having problems logging in, staying logged in automatically, receiving Invalid Session errors, and not seeing the posts since your last visit, please delete all cookies containing 'aquahobby' in them from your browser, then restart it and make sure you access the board from aquahobby.com.

Those that were being logged on automatically may need to login for the first time now and set this option again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully the board won't be needing any more changes for a long while now...

BTW, I'm interested in a script or server configuration so that anyone trying to access a random page on aquahobby.org will be automatically redirected to the same page on aquahobby.com. If anyone knows how to implemente this I'd appreciate the help! Smile

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...

Last edited by Marcos Avila on 2007.01.05(Fri)9:29; edited 1 time in total
arpi
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.08.31(Tue)1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:

BTW, I'm interested in a script or server configuration so that anyone trying to access a random page on aquahobby.org will be automatically redirected to the same page on aquahobby.com. If anyone knows how to implemente this I'd appreciate the help! Smile

I sent you a php script that does that, check your PM Smile
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.17(Thu)2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK after frying my brain cells and trying several different scripts I've FINALLY figured out a way to make the board automatically switch any page to the exact same page on www.aquahobby.com, whenever it is not accessed from this domain.

I have no idea what the consequences will be for people who were still accessing the board through aquahobby.org despite this topic here...problems like "I can't login!" or "I can't stay logged in!" or "New posts since last visit isn't working!" should be the menu of the week, all of which should be readily solved by updating their links/bookmarks to aquahobby.com

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.17(Thu)7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a way to froward the domain through the registrar. So anyone who accesses .org or .net will be routed to .com
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: