Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tank Talk of the Month: May'04 ;-)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic

Which Tank featured this month would you want to own?
Gustavo Pereira - 750 L - Brazil
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Herman Brik
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Paulo Fernandes - 660 L - Portugal
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Lasse Christiansen - 580 L - Denmark
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
I'd give up my job/school and take them all!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
None - I'd never be able to maintain a tank like those :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.26(Wed)3:11    Post subject: Tank Talk of the Month: May'04 ;-) Reply with quote

Considering that you would be the one responsible for maintaining the tank as they are in the photos, which of the 4 tanks featured in May would you accept as a gift, and why? Smile

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.26(Wed)4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a hard choice between tank 1 and tank 4. However, I just loved the idea of having an aquarium where even the owner doesn't know what's in there Shocked , adding a sence of mystery and surprise to the setup. I wish I had a tank big enough to lose count Smile .

However, I think tank 4 is more my kind of tank, a setup for one species, making sure the fish I keep are as happy as possible. A simple but effective design, nice to watch and maintain.

Though the thing that made me make my choice was that fact of not even knowing yourself what fish are in there, just like in nature Smile .

Phil Wink
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.26(Wed)9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like tank number 1 because there is enough maintance to keep my hand in the tank for a few minutes everyday. However, there isn't enough to over run my life. If the water changes were automated it would make this tank all the better.

It's beautiful, full, and lush. However Lasse Christiansen's has a GREAT look to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.28(Fri)23:05    Post subject: Re: Tank Talk of the Month: May'04 ;-) Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:
Considering that you would be the one responsible for maintaining the tank as they are in the photos, which of the 4 tanks featured in May would you accept as a gift, and why? Smile

Tank #4. 4, 4, 4, 4, 4! Did I say 4? because, you know, if I wasn't clear about that, allow me to reiterate: 4!

This tank is BEAUTIFUL! I love the vals DEAD CENTER. I love the rock wall backing. I love the simple plant choice. I love how uncluttered it is. When I looked at the picture, my first reaction was a huge sigh of relaxation. The tank is almost Zen-like in its serenity, not that I know anything about Zen, because I do not. I"m just stating this is how it seems to ME. I love that it's a species tank.

The other tanks are nice, but they look too busy, and one of them looks overstocked.

I've been looking for inspiration because the 55g is getting a MAJOR overhaul this summer, and Tank #4 has given some very lovely ideas.
deserthermit
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.29(Sat)7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked tank two, because the arrangment of the plants and the size and lenght. I also love heavily planted tanks.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: