Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
lord of the rings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic

Which Lord of the Rings movie is your favorite.
1.Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
2.Lord of the Rings the Two Towers
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
3.Lord of the Rings Return of the King
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.01(Mon)12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about one thing from the fans of movie number three... had you read the books prior to seeing the movie? I ask as I was dissapointed in part three.
AquaPetsOmaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.03.01(Mon)17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Alex, the movie would have been better if they would have included the part when frodo visits Tom Bambadilo. A real ridiculous part about all the movies was those love seens between Aragon and Arowan. To me that was a waste of time, they could have put action in place of those.BTW anyone know if they are makin a movie of the Hobbit?
cool fish dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.03.01(Mon)18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quotenewatthis]Yeah Alex, the movie would have been better if they would have included the part when frodo visits Tom Bambadilo. A real ridiculous part about all the movies was those love seens between Aragon and Arowan. To me that was a waste of time, they could have put action in place of those.BTW anyone know if they are makin a movie of the Hobbit?[/quote]

yep
Fishy_geek
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.03.20(Sat)7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="newatthis"]Yeah Alex, the movie would have been better if they would have included the part when frodo visits Tom Bambadilo. A real ridiculous part about all the movies was those love seens between Aragon and Arowan. To me that was a waste of time, they could have put action in place of those.BTW anyone know if they are makin a movie of the Hobbit?[/quote]
It's Bombadil, Aragorn and Arwen. And I read that they might make a TV mini-series of the Hobbit but noone knows for sure yet.
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.20(Sat)19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first one is the best done, but the Two Towers Helms Deep scenes are incredible.
Sara
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.03.21(Sun)6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 2 characters I don't really like are Legolas and Gimli.

Gimli got reduced to a clown with punchlines. Legolas got a bunch of boring lines that seemed so be Shakespear rip-offs. And Orlando is not that great as an actor.
bubblylemon
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.05.01(Sat)3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the first and didn't like it at all and I haven't seen the 3rd so I guess two towers is my fav but I'm more into comedies and stuff than fantasy
jonah
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.01(Sat)10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a LOTR fan, I never have been. I've seen the first two movies because my family wanted to see them. I found the first one a bit slow and dull, the second one was more interesting. Both of them were extremely well made and even though I wasn't interested in the storylines it was easy to see how much work went into both of them. I am able to recognize quality, even when the film subject doesn't appeal to me.

I'll probably see the third movie eventually, just to see how the story finishes.It's been a long time since I had to read the books. My kids seem to enjoy the movies enough and I do like the over all theme of the story (good vs. evil, friendship).
jonah
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.01(Sat)10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishy_geek wrote:
newatthis wrote:
Yeah Alex, the movie would have been better if they would have included the part when frodo visits Tom Bambadilo. A real ridiculous part about all the movies was those love seens between Aragon and Arowan. To me that was a waste of time, they could have put action in place of those.BTW anyone know if they are makin a movie of the Hobbit?

It's Bombadil, Aragorn and Arwen. And I read that they might make a TV mini-series of the Hobbit but noone knows for sure yet.

I have recently read on a news site that the director of LOTR is working on some deal for the Hobbit, but it's going to be far down the road. He's got some other big project coming up. I'm not sure, but it seems like it might be a remake of King Kong or something like that. Sounds weird, I know. Confused

Okay, I check it out and Jackson is remaking King Kong for a December '05 release. They start filming in New Zealand in August.

Apparently there's some legal obstacles in the way of the Hobbit movie being made anytime soon, but they're not insurmountable.
fishyfishy
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.05.04(Tue)17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen 1 and 2
~~~1 gallon~~~
1xmale betta...Freddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: