Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fish Haver in training to be a Fish Keeper
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
James Collins
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.17(Fri)21:14    Post subject: Fish Haver in training to be a Fish Keeper Reply with quote

Hello all, I have been reading your post for a couple of months now. I had 3 tanks (2 10g & 1 20 g) about 15 years ago about 1 1/2years ago a friend offered to sale me his 55g long and it's been sitting on the patio since. I am planning on an Africian Cichlid tank with plants(open to all suggestions as to which type) I want a lot of color and activity with out going to salt water. I would love any input on tank layout I already got some good ideas for building rock caves and plan on going to look for rocks to use. One of the lfs said I could use just about any kind of rock as long as I cleaned them well or boiled them is this true? I also need input on lighting as I have a 48" hood with 1 tube that came with the tank . Are Malawi's the type that need more female than males I am not going to buy any fish until I am sure what will work.
I hope to hear from some of you soon.

James Smile

Last edited by James Collins on 2004.12.18(Sat)2:39; edited 1 time in total
McP
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.18(Sat)0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcmoe aboard! if you want advice on a planted african tank PM mr. travis simonson the lord and master of that seemingly paradoxical idea. but anyway I'm sure you'll love the forums Smile
rijac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.18(Sat)10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a more ortodox planted cichlid set up is tanganyikans...

Laughing
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: