Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Greetings!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Grimbil
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.09(Thu)23:36    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

Howdy everyone, just wanted to introduce myself before I start peppering the various boards with questions and inane comments! My name is Bill, I'm a 28 year old computer geek in NYC who has had a fish tank for the past 8 years or so. I started with a 20 gallon tank in college and raised a kickin oscar. He outgrew my 20 gallon so I passed him on to a friend with a 50 gallon. He outgrew THAT, and now lives in a 100+ g tank in NC.

when I moved to NYC 1998, I didn't have room for my tank. I eventually got a larger place and bought a 46 gallon bow front tank with my roommate. We've had numerous fish, but I've never felt good about the tank's setup and conditions. I definately did not put enough time and effort into it either, and my roommate loves just buying any ol fish and chucking it into the tank. Current inhabitants are 2 tiger barbs, another fish my roommate bought which we don't know what it is, a bunch of rocks from Maine, and 3 pieces of driftwood which seem to continually turn my water slightly orangish, even tho all have been soaked and have been in the tank for 2-3 years

I recently set up a 10g tank at work on my desk, and I'm loving it. I've got 2 angelfish in it right now, with 1 micro sword, 1 green cryptocornye, 1 amazon sword, and 3 or 4 cabombas. I started with 2 and I've clipped them a couple times already and replanted. The tank looks great (I'll post pictures in the near future) and it has really inspired me. I've been reading all the guides here and reading up in the forums as I devise my plan to resetup my home 46 gallon tank. Major upgrades to the lighting will be needed, and I have everything I need to make a co2 yeast injector, Those competition tank pictures are truly inspiring!

I've got quite a few questions, so I hope y'all will bear with me as I try to figure out what I'm going to need to make my vision into reality! Thanks everyone!
kelpy
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.10(Fri)9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Bill looking forward to seeing you around this is a great forum with lots of helpful advice
MarkLehr
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.12(Sun)7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you Bill. You will find this to be one of the best forums on the web for friendly & knowledgable advice! Ask away!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: