Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How about an intro?
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Sahara22588
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2004.11.06(Sat)20:39    Post subject: How about an intro? Reply with quote

Yeah I've had the screen name for awhile, but I doubt many people actually know who I am. So, I'll introduce myself to you all!

The name Sahara22588 came from a nickname I got in freshmen year, and my birthday. This guy thought my name was Sahara (as opposed to Sarah) and called me that for most of the year. My friends Stacia and Nicole kept calling me that, and it sort of stuck. I was born on 2/25/88, so that's where the numbers come from. The avatar with the island and the "S" was from a stamp that I made at camp. It's sort of like my logo (I think everyone should have a logo, don't you?).

I've (technically) been keeping fish since 1999, but I only just got really into it within the last two years. I have two ten gallons for bettas, a 29 gallon for my swordtails, and a 55 gallon for my bichirs and cory cats. I hope to breed my bettas soon, so I might end up with random betta bowls everywhere. We have a 1600 gallon pond in our backyard, and I've helped my mom set up a 20 long for her classroom. I intend on getting a saltwater aquarium for Christmas, whether I buy it for myself or if someone buys it for me.

Outside of the fish hobby I'm a 16 year old high school student. I'm a decent student, but I detest school and I can't wait to graduate and get out in the real world. I work at a small fish store that's only been open a year, but I really think it's going somewhere. Work takes up most of my spare time, so I don't do a whole lot else (besides play on the computer).

In the future I'd like to be a veteranarian. I'm not sure whether I'd like to run my own office, or work at a zoo (my mom jokes that I should take over for the Crocodile Hunter when I get my degree). I've always liked animals, and after spending a few days job shadowing a vet I decided that was the path I wanted to follow.

I've been single for roughly three years, and it doesn't look like there will be a guy in my life anytime soon.

Byez! Very Happy

P.S. I don't know where the "Byez" thing came from. Just something fun, I guess...
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: