Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What kind of shrimp eats a TIGER BARB?! (now with PICS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Mintleopard
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.15(Sat)21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend who doesn't know a whole tone about fish spent enough time in malaysia and with shrimp eating relatives that he actually thinks that may be a tiger shrimp you have, you know those nice onces you eat at the fancy Red Lobster?
Well anyway I am curious to find out what they are for certain.
And that poor barb! they're one of my favourite fishies!!
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.15(Sat)22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong, but arent tiger prawns SW shrimp?

How about just fish out a bag that your LFS used to bag a fish you bought, or simply beg/buy some off the LFs.
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.15(Sat)22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawna, just ask your LFS for a few of the bags they send fish home in: tie them tightly and put one inside the other: they'll send OK. I've sent bettas through the mail this way.
fishfreek
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.16(Sun)0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 2 for a while that I purchased from exotic aquarium I thaugt they were ghost shrimp too, they were in a community tank for a while but got agressive and big. one ate a neon tetra so I put them in a 60g crayfish tank but they were so agressive that one attacked my blue crayfish twice its size and sure enough the blue crayfish ripped it to peaces with no effort the other one later one attacked the blue crayfish and became lunch. really these shrimp things are pretty stupid none of the other crayfish go within close range of my blue crayfish hes huge. the shrimp are not to common probuly because there dumb, I've only seen them twice once at exotic and once at walmart

-----------------DAM!!!!!!!---------------------------
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.16(Sun)12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

SherryNE wrote:
Shawna, just ask your LFS for a few of the bags they send fish home in: tie them tightly and put one inside the other: they'll send OK. I've sent bettas through the mail this way.

Because they're SELFISH and TIGHT! That's why. LOL! They've turned down other people who have requested them. I've been there when it's happened. One guy wanted 4 bags because he was moving. He wanted 4 of the big bags. They told him to put them in Rubbermaid bowls & snap the lids on them nice & tight. LOL!

FF These were purchased at Capitol downtown, so the local stores must have got mixed batches of ghosties with prawns, or just prawns that looked like ghosties. I never get ghosties at Exotic. Ever. Their tank always looks dirty & funky! Yuck. Their quality of fish has gone downhill in the last couple of years anyway, and I don't buy my fish there anymore either. The fish are always covered in ich and/or fungus and if that's not the case, they've got clamped fins & are breathing rapidly & they just don't look well. Lots of them have been skinny from internal parasites, too. Ugh. I've noticed that since I don't buy fish there anymore, I no longer have a problem with wasting away in my own tanks.
corylover
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.17(Mon)12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need is not the name of those monsters, but some nice recipes for the BBQ Twisted Evil
Oli
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.17(Mon)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure someone on the forum can find an LFS that'll let them have the bags and ill send em to you...how big do you need? I might be able to find some Smile
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.17(Mon)13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oli wrote:
I'm sure someone on the forum can find an LFS that'll let them have the bags and ill send em to you...how big do you need? I might be able to find some Smile

Thanks, Oli, but last night I had an epiphany! There is a pet store down the street, and I know the owners. They sell bird seed in bulk, and have those same bags so people can bag up what they want.

I'm going to swing by there this week and ask if I can have a few of them. I'm sure they'll say it's OK. It's not like I need 100 or anything. Just a couple of them.

Thanks anyway, though. I appreciate the offer.

Huntress, PM me your details! LOL
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.17(Mon)16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent!!! I can't wait for this guy. Does he only eat fish or does he scavenge?
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.17(Mon)23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

They scavenge! They'll eat anything.

I haven't been to that pet store yet. There's this test this week, see, so it's going to have to wait until after that.
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: