Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Permission given, bigger tank on its way....Stocking?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MattWilson11
Regulars

PostPosted: 2014.03.29(Sat)15:34    Post subject: Permission given, bigger tank on its way....Stocking? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Due to having kids and the joys of sleepless nights and nappy changes, my fish hobby has had to take a back seat so I down graded to a single community tank (100 litres) and have been successfully running that for the past few years.

Well the kids are a bit older and very interested in the tank, and my wife wanted the living room decorated, so I used this as a perfect opportunity to negotiate with the 'Boss' to get a bigger tank. So I am now the proud owner of a 60 gal tank.

So I am here to get some inspiration/advice on my stocking. I really want a large shoal of tiger barb, and I'm thinking a bristlenose plec. How many tiger barb in a tank this size and could I add anything else?

Many Thanks
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2014.04.08(Tue)14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice size tank for tiger barbs. A shoal of 12 - 15 should give plenty of action without looking scattered. Bristlenoses work well with them.

A shoal of barbs, a trio of bristlies & a feature "pet" fish would be a nice set up. I would look at a SA ciclid or a gourami. Some species would suit - maybe a festivum?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2014.04.08(Tue)14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice size tank for tiger barbs. A shoal of 12 - 15 should give plenty of action without looking scattered. Bristlenoses work well with them.

A shoal of barbs, a trio of bristlies & a feature "pet" fish would be a nice set up. I would look at a SA ciclid or a gourami. Some species would suit - maybe a festivum?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: