Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Just want a cycle!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2013.07.17(Wed)15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danois need to be in larger groups and shrimps are very sensitive to nitrite spikes which I fear you will soon see.

Never use pH altering chemicals. Often they just fool the test kits & don't help the fish but they cn cause huge swings which cause stress.
Aqua Barker
Members

PostPosted: 2013.07.17(Wed)15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fish have been in the tank for 5 days and not a single level has moved. You think I will see them soon but in an older post you said it should take a couple of hours?? Your so inconsistant your starting to make me think you don't know what your talking about. In posts in other threads your saying different things than what you tell me. Very sorry but I believe I'm about done with this particular site. Thank you very much for all the help, I really do appreciate the time and effort put into this for me but when I see several fish experts arguing with each other in different threads and now I can't even get consistant information that is a real big red flag to me.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2013.07.17(Wed)16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have I said a couple of hours?

If nothing has moved I would doubt the accuracy of your test kits?

There haven't been any arguments on here - you have not provided enough info.

Red flags are people who won't listen or do tests they are asked to do and then buy only three of a shoaling species. Who told you that was a good idea?

What was wrong with testing your filter with ammonia? ( rather than risking fish lives?)
If nothing has changed what has happenned to the fish wastes?
Jack
Regulars

PostPosted: 2014.03.01(Sat)10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You felt guilty about using fish to cycle the tank last time and you've just done it again.

Where do you think all the watse those fish are producing is going if none of your levels have moved?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to: