Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Co2
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MarktheMuffin
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.09.16(Sun)1:52    Post subject: Co2 Reply with quote

Hi All
Have now finished doing my 77gal tank with plants and fish and all doing great, plants are growing but slowly (very) and I have recently added some java fern and indy fern. My sword grass has quite a few runners which is scatterd around the tank with new growth and going nuts being first in the tank along with my amazon sword which is not doing so well as the grass but growing with new leaf coming through so all they look like is a mini lettace (see pic link below for pic of one sword plant by stone, all are this size with new growth but get no bigger) not the size they did when first put them in. I did have some dwarf grass which started to grow but died due to being dislodged from bottom when planting other plants when replanted but have planted more about the tank which is the last of the plants I want in the tank. I am not using Co2 but have good lighting on a timer and my sub structure is Eco complete under grav filter sys + powerhead, all plants are a nice green with new growth all the time. The set-up has now been running since about Feb 2012 and I am starting to think that I have put in more plants than the natural Co2 in water (which as we know is minimal) is not enough to feed the plants so I am now going to add a Co2 unit and after looking the web over have come up with a few thoughts that I would like some advice about the main one being will my Co2 unit have to be on a timer as we all know plants only use Co2 when there is light or have I been searching the web about it to much, I don't want to wake up one morning to find all my hard work has gone belly up with an over dose its not good for the fish as well I am also very limited for space (no storage space) for silenders + have a toddler running around who loves watching the two yoyo's chasing each other so will have to go with some sort of DIY wall unit that is out of reach, any advice, tips or help will be very usefull.....many thanks to all in advance.... I have put a link to what my tank use to look like and what it looks like now.
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m635/MarktheMuffin/
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.09.17(Mon)2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH with those plants you don't need CO2.
MarktheMuffin
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.09.17(Mon)5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, looks like I have a Co2 unit to sell, ordered it over the weekend on the net and now in the post
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.09.17(Mon)6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one did you order?
MarktheMuffin
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.09.19(Wed)15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fluval Pressurized 88 by Hagen the write up says that its for 15-40gal tank and my tank is 77gal, might still use it now that I have put a shelf up but have already got a buyer if I can't be bothered which might be the case as I could do with the money
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: