Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My filter died :( Help
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MilitaryBrat
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.08.02(Thu)11:22    Post subject: My filter died :( Help Reply with quote

okay so my filter died last night and I'm gonna go buy a new one today but what do I do about the letting it run for 24 hours before any fish?I only have one aquarium and theres fish in it that need a filter soon :/
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.08.02(Thu)17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the old filter media floating in the tank ( or hang it in a net) and put it in the new filter.
MilitaryBrat
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.08.02(Thu)17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I kinda threw away the new filter and the trash was just picked up this morning...
MilitaryBrat
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.08.02(Thu)17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I kinda threw away the new filter and the trash was just picked up this morning...
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.08.03(Fri)1:21    Post subject: Re: My filter died :( Help Reply with quote

MilitaryBrat wrote:
okay so my filter died last night and I'm gonna go buy a new one today but what do I do about the letting it run for 24 hours before any fish?I only have one aquarium and theres fish in it that need a filter soon :/

Please read the article on the nitrogen cycle <<< to explain what will be happening in your tank. Buy a big bottle of dechlorinator and start doing daily 30% water changes - the practice will be good for you and may hopefully save your fish.

If you know anyone with a healthy tank you could try asking for some of the dirt from their filter to stock your's.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: