Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
40g breeder stocking.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
drskipjack
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.07.17(Tue)11:31    Post subject: 40g breeder stocking. Reply with quote

I have a new 40 gallon and I need some help figuring out what fish to put in it. I was thinking 6 glass catfish, a bristlenose pleco, a rubberlip pleco, 6 green cories (aeneus), 3 black kuhlis, 3 striped kuhlis, and maybe 2-3 cockatoo cichlids or bolivian rams. How does this sound? Too much? could I maybe put 4 green cories 4 sterbas cories? The filter will probably be an up to 75 gallon filter. Thanks!
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.07.17(Tue)12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much.
The glass cats, One small pleco, 5 or six of one species of corydoras and 4 or five of one species of Khulis would leave space for a feature fish but not enough floor space for dwarf cichlids.

Male guppies would work as a feature fish?
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.07.17(Tue)12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with diademhill, especially about the floor space issue. You have a lot of lower level fish in that tank, so for feature fish I would look for something that would be more in the mid to upper levels to try and balance it out a little. Would a Betta work with the other fish?

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: