Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
planning for reset
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
kamaruh
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.07.02(Mon)8:24    Post subject: planning for reset Reply with quote

hi all its been almost a year since I posted with my first tank setup here..
I'm planning to reset my 5ft tank into a lowlight driftwood themed mood. so I prepared some anubias and some java ferns and a 4ft driftwood. I was wondering what other plants I can put in my tank with similar light requirement and is there any other carpet plants that can strive in a low light setup?

anyways heres my visual sample on what I planned for my driftwood:
the lil green spots supposed to be java moss^_^ excuse my ocd habbits lol

deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.07.02(Mon)8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your low light tank using artificial light? Or light from the windows?

Your plan for the driftwood is nice and it should work out if you have patience. I don't know of a low-light carpet plant but folks sometimes "force" plants into carpets. For example, you can weave Java moss (or one of its cousins) into plastic mats and set them in the substrate. Careful trimming will keep the carpet effect. There are many ways to do this with some other plants, too. Not all carpets have to be the high light Riccia! *lol*

Good luck with this project. That's a stunning piece of wood and a five foot tank is just the place for it. Are you planning on fish?
Very Happy
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.07.02(Mon)9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using artificial light atm got only 120w with the tank dept of 29" and yeah I have heared on weaving moss but I don't have info's on how to do them yet and if maintaining it might be hard considering it is a huge tank.

I am planning to put some discus and some rummynose tetras but still open for ideas
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: