Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Filter Suggestions
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MichaelOverHere
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.03.24(Sat)17:30    Post subject: Filter Suggestions Reply with quote

Bought a second hand fish tank off ebay for my aunt, the guy says it is approx 12 [UK] gallons (however judging by picture it looks bigger but can't tell exactly until I collect it).
It doesn't come with a filter, and have never actually bought one (my own came with fish tank) so I was looking some recommendations for which brands are best to go for (with a modest budget!), or are is there no real difference in filters brands (e.g. would a bog standard chinese cheap one match one you could buy in the pet shop) probably looking more internal filters.

Thanks Smile
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.03.25(Sun)2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluval U2 would be my choice. More reliable and quieter than the cheaper options and you can sometimes get them for not much more than the cheaper brands if you shop around.
yosef
Members

PostPosted: 2012.03.26(Mon)5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any small filter is good.I have used a this one before Aquarium Fish Tank Internal Filter Submersible Pump 10W. It worked very good.
good luck ( this is a link amazon.CO2.uk/Aquarium-Fish-Internal-Filter-Submersible/dp/B003MOKQQY/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1332759912&sr=1-5)
MichaelOverHere
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.04.04(Wed)2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for feedback, ended up getting a Interpet PF2 - New For the bargin price of
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: