Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New to this hi every one
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
gus scotland
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.15(Sun)8:38    Post subject: New to this hi every one Reply with quote

Hi I'm fairly new to this world I have had a 60lt tank for 8 months and have had a few disasters a long the way. but seem to be getting the hang of it now in my tank I did have 2 sucking loach, 10 neon tetras, 3 beunas aries 1 siamese male,2 female, For the first 2 months everything was good but the loaches started to grow they went from 2 cm to 12cm and then things went bad every morning there were dead bodys in the tank Crying or Very sad I checked my water everything was OK,but they just kept dying only Neons then one of the beunas looked as if it had a bite out of it and a loach was attached to it .So I passed on the loaches got some new neons everyone is happy again and doing well Smile
I have a question I have bought some small underwater spots which do have suckers on them but I want to stick them else where can I use some kind of silacon glue. thanks Gus
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.15(Sun)13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

OK you have discovered the pitfalls of buying sucking loaches.

What is in the tank now as it sounds rather heavily stocked and you could be heading for more problems as male & female fighters often kill each other & Buenos Aires tetras (which I do have a soft spot for as the first egglayer I bred) can grow to about 8cm and at that size they are too big for a 60litre tank and can eat a neon.They are also know to be fin nippers.

You have to let silicon set & cure and then rinse before putting in a tank. It is often easier to get some strips of glass, stick the suckers to these and then hide them in the tank.
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: