Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello from Charlotte, NC
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Curiositycat
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)11:46    Post subject: Hello from Charlotte, NC Reply with quote

I've always loved fish and had them most of my life. I'm especially interested in planted tanks, with a few live residents (fish or invertebrates) in an underwater garden.

My favorite was a 29-gallon planted tank artfully designed and well established, with java moss growing up the back wall and grass covering the bottom, and moss balls and oh, so many plants I can't even name any more, all designed to look like a forgotten wilderness complete with ambling overgrown path culminating in "ancient" ruins... wish I had pictures... it was beautiful.

Sadly, one of my three children went through a stage (several years long) during which he felt strongly that a container of fish food required dumping completely into the tank. Of course the food was kept locked up after the first incident, but under those circumstances, it takes only one minute of forgetfulness to create several hours of work.

After the fifth or sixth time of having to remove fish and plants, rocks and branches, from the tank, wash off, vacuum the substrate, drain half the water, and completely re-establish everything... I gave up for a while.

Recently my husband and I moved our home office out to a new location (away from children!), and I'm ready to start again. I'm planning to start very small with a 1.5 gallon bowl-style tank (with filtration and lighting). And that's what I'm here for--to gather ideas for designing my (would you call it a nano?) set-up.

Glad to meet ya. Smile
mudskipper123
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.08(Sun)12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: