Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Aquarium Biotype?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
luke2214
Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.28(Wed)15:56    Post subject: Aquarium Biotype? Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a Amazon biotype in a 40 gallon aquarium. The substrate is sand and as of now I have a black kuli loach to stir the sand on the bottom. I know that corys like the bottom. Do these fish stir up the sand? do they school? As of now I have 4 black skirt tetras, neons, emperor tetras. Anymore stocking suggestions? I also have a verity of sword plants.

Thanks
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.12.29(Thu)12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of each tetra do you have? You really should have at least six of each species.

Corydoras do sift through the sand at the bottom but do not really "stir" it. If you don't manually stir up the sand from time to time, toxic air pockets will form. They are a social/schooling species and appreciate numbers six or higher. The more corydoras, the more active and fun they are. I'm not sure how much room you have available in your tank, however, due to the number of species you already have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
luke2214
Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.29(Thu)14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 BsT I plan to get more, 7 emporor tetras, and 10 neons. My tank has a lot of plants and real driftwood. I stir the sand once a week to get the air pockets out, but I would like fish to sift the debris around. How many cories should be together and what kinds are good?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: