Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
new to fish keeping deciding on tank ?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Deano37
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.08(Thu)18:07    Post subject: new to fish keeping deciding on tank ? Reply with quote

Hi all I recently posted a thread asking about the fluval flora as my first tank but lots of people say buy the biggest tank possible or you will regret it, I have been looking at the fluval osaka 155 anyone have any reviews on tank ? ( I want a beautiful planted tank) what do you think start small with 30l or go right for larger tank ? I think I might squeeze this in my house lol

Thanks Dean
Deano37
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.09(Fri)15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also like the fluval roma 200 but the filter it comes with is internal but I suppose I could buy an fluval 305 and used it externally what you guys think ?
the light the osaka comes with is One Power Glo T5 Fluorescent Bulb High Output 24w 61cm (24in)
One Life Glo T5 Fluorescent Bulb High Output 24w 61cm (24in)

would them be powerful enough ?

roma or osaka ?

thanks dean
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.12.10(Sat)2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want to keep apart from plants?
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.12.13(Tue)12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a nice planted tank, you'll want to go big without going TOO big. Large planted tanks can get quite expensive with lighting, CO2, ferts, etc.

I think a 40g breeder is a nice size to start with.. nice large footprint to work with and room for a few different species of fish. A 75g would also be a good size.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Little Ram
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.14(Wed)7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have a Roma 200 and do have the internal U4 it just about does its job... but if I was you a would ask the LFS to replace with a external and the lights to a more powerful lights
Deano37
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.15(Thu)17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for help think I might just stay with a nano tank like the fluval flora as money is an issue at the moment looks like quite a good small nano tank to have planted and a few fish or maybe just a betta tank
Little Ram
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.16(Fri)2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They will normally will do this for free (well you pay the difference between the two filters) my LFS done the bulbs for free but I wish I done the filter...

If you can try the larger one as soon as you have a tank ... you want a bigger one also the water is easier to keep correct in a larger one..

Just my thoughts .
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.12.16(Fri)9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano37 wrote:
thanks for help think I might just stay with a nano tank like the fluval flora as money is an issue at the moment looks like quite a good small nano tank to have planted and a few fish or maybe just a betta tank

Small tanks can be a lot of fun and look great, as long as you remember to keep the fish stock to a minimum. Heck, there are even some who do fish-less tanks.. maybe with just a few invertibrates like shrimp. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: