Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sick Betta *pic*
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Netterz1226
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.13(Tue)22:31    Post subject: Sick Betta *pic* Reply with quote

I have had my betta for one week now, he was great when I bought him and now he is dying. I want to save my fish. I posted a before and after picture. I went to Petsmart where I got him and they suggested that I use MELAFIX that treats bacterial infections. My betta used to swim around like crazy and was very active. Now he just floats on the top of the tank and looks very sick. Can anyone help identify what is going on with him? He is in a 2.5 gallon tank, heater around 74 degrees, a filter and no live plants. He eyes are not bugging out. I thought he was dead this morning but he still moves and swims around the top of the tank every so often.

Here is a link to the pictures of my fish.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100967272938271371626/Guppy#
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.12.14(Wed)1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammonia poisoning.
Do a 75 % water change adding dechlorinator to the new water and making sure the temperature matches and then gradually up the temperature to 26C.
Netterz1226
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.14(Wed)6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that! Thanks. But I did add water conditioner to the water before adding him to the tank. Shouldn't that have helped? I will take a sample of the water to Petsmart to have them check it.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.12.14(Wed)8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read about the nitrogen cycle in the articles <-

Dechlorinator is needed for all tap water you use and you will need to be doing daily or every other day changes for the next few weeks.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: