Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
125 gallon stocking suggestions
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cokeeffe03
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.18(Tue)8:45    Post subject: 125 gallon stocking suggestions Reply with quote

hey everyone I have an empty 72x18x22 125 gallon that's sitting in storage. That's right...empty. So I'm looking to change that, but I can't decide on what kind of tank I'd like, let alone a stocking list. I'm considering everything from a West African biotope to an Mbuna setup to a mudskipper species tank and everything in between. Rather not go saltwater on this tank... so I'm taking all suggestions. I'm kind of leaning toward a rift lake setup, but I've never kept them before, so I'd like to stick to more placid species at first.
Thanks for your input!
cokeeffe03
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.18(Tue)8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I'm quite familiar with the cycling process and other tank maintenance and stability issues such as raising pH/KH etc. and as far as equipment I've got two eheim heaters and a Fluval FX5 waiting in the wings, so I'm not worried about filtration issues (at least with appropriate water changes)
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.11.22(Tue)9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a tank that long, I'd be very tempted to set up a mbuna tank... I had a 55g one but was seriously limited in my stocking options due to the small size.

Rockwork for a mbuna tank could get quite expensive in a tank that size... what were you looking to spend?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: