Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
tank stocl please help!
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
chigh1
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.11.08(Tue)20:04    Post subject: tank stocl please help! Reply with quote

Hi,
I need help with what I can have in my tank.
I am getting a 130l (35gal?) and already have a electric yellow in a 10gal. I was thinking either just getting 2 EL girls? or 1 kingsizei + 2 females and just the single yellow (tank must include yellow because I am attached to him! Also don't want him being killed by other fish)

I have heard that larger tetras can be kept with so of the more chilled cichlids and I was thinking black widow tetras because of the matching pH. Is this possible?

So...
either
3 electric yellows
6 black widows

OR

3 kingsizei
1 electric yellow (currently about 5cm)
6 black widow

any and all suggestions would help please and thanks Chigh.

P.S I have tried to do my own research but everyone says different things so I am getting confused!
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.11.09(Wed)2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is true that tougher tetras can live with some cichlids this only applies to SA or riverine species and not to cichlids from the rift lakes.

In a 35g tank just a trio of labs would be the best option. Get the decor right and the tank will look good with just three fish.
chigh1
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.11.09(Wed)6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 labs in 130 liters? I'm after some more variety I think something that includes my fish with other africans. any other suggestions?
BigShrimp
Members

PostPosted: 2011.11.17(Thu)3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want Africans .... forget the tetras .

I suggest you forget the Africans including your electric yellow and make a community tank .

A couple of angels , a few tetras , swordtails , barbs , a couple of cory catfish and a pair of kribs .

All the entertainment you could wish for . Wink
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: