Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Looking for info on a Dragonfish
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
semotropicalfish
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.21(Fri)19:22    Post subject: Looking for info on a Dragonfish Reply with quote

Well I picked up a 35 gal tank stand and all when I got there she said she had a fish to go with it...if I wanted it ...or she was going to flush it...so of course I said I would take it...when she said it was a foot long Dragon fish I was a little thrown back...never heard of this fish...and now I have it ...what to do with it...it is like know fish I have ever had...I have found out very little on it ...does anybody know anything? Yes I know it a brackish fish but is it a community fish ? What is its prefered food ....water.. pH... Any info would help as..what ...kind of tank would it do well in...cichlid tank ...guppies [img][/img]
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.10.22(Sat)2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking up dragon goby or violet goby.

They are brackish fish and need small particled food as they sift the sand to feed. It really needs a larger tank as they can exceed 18".
semotropicalfish
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.22(Sat)10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I didn't want to start another tank just for him so I did put him in the 110 with my african cichlids seems to be working ...so the are scavengers ...that make me feel better ...about my cichlids then...I will try the info on it you gave me ....thanks so much...allen
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.10.22(Sat)11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not scavengers, they eat crustaceans and need a high protein diet so they are not compatible with mbuna.
Most African cichlids will attack a violet goby.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: