Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Bumblebee goby
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
killifish999
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.09(Sun)11:55    Post subject: Bumblebee goby Reply with quote

Well lets assume they are the fresh water variety like I think they are .Or more to the point the ones that will atleast tolerate fresh water .Purchased 5 of these lil active pouty cute fish oct 5th for 3.49 @.So far its Sunday the 9th and I have three remaining .

Of course I neglected to read up on these fish before my purchase .And maybe made a rash decision on looks alone to acquire these lil guys .They are in my well planted 25 gal 'soft 'water tank with two south American rams four fresh water shrimp and a flag fish .

The three remaining feed actively on frozen brine shrimp and that is all they will eat .Sure they would eat live food but I haven't went and gotten any yet .From what I have found out they would prefer hard or brackish water oh well ..Really wish fish stores wouldnt stock specialized fish like these .If they are not going to inform the customer of their needs .

So has anybody had any success with bumblebee gobies aka brachygobius xanthozona ? Or are these lil guys doomed ?

Crying or Very sad [/img]
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.10.09(Sun)12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do need hard water and frozen or live foods.
It is always a good idea to research any fish prior to purchase.
killifish999
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.09(Sun)13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply ..Yes I should have researched this selection ..Will use my e-phone in the future when at this particular shop .

He carries a lot of unusual fish and many are not compatible with everyone's set ups .Again he should indicate the fish's needs or atleast inform folks when they make a purchase .I hate selecting a fish to only watch it die .

Will keep you posted though who knows ? Have had great luck so far with these four amano shrimp in this tank .They are getting larger by the day and eat anything I put in the tank .One is over 9 months old I love these guys fun to watch .And great tank cleaners and scavengers .

Sp if the gobies expire they will eat well I guess LOL..
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: