Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Treating Fish but Question on Water in Hosp Tank
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
zookeper
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.08(Sat)12:46    Post subject: Treating Fish but Question on Water in Hosp Tank Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a sick upside down cat. I have had him for 7 years now and he is my fave. ANyways, he has fin rot and no idea why as no other fish have it.
Anyways, I now have him in a 10 gallon hospital tank but with only 5 gallons of water.
Yesterday I started him on Marycn 2 the powder that disolves. I am of course using it at half dose as I am not using 10 gallons of water.
He is looking better today, swimming more and not looking like he is miserable.
My question is, the water is looking cloudy and I know its from the medicine and the instructions do not say to do any partial water changes. Just to add more medicine each day for 5 days.
Is this right? Or, should I replace some of the water each day so the water dosent look so yucky.
I have had my 75 gallon tank for 7 years and this is my first time with a sick fish so that is why I am questioning all this.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Todd
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: