Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello to all/first post
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
flacmanst
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.08.25(Thu)7:31    Post subject: Hello to all/first post Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. I have been reading the forum for awhile now and found answers to most of my questions. In the past few months, I have just jumped back into fish after no tanks for many years (I did help my old roommate out with his tank during the interim, but that was a sinking ship).

I am all freshwater at this point, mainly because I like freshwater fish too much to go salt at this point. But one day, who knows?

Right now we have a 20gallon in our dining room with about 4 platties, a few spotted cories, and a betta. I started this is a planted tank with a few angelfish who have since moved up.

I have a slightly-overstocked (although the fish are still small) 55-gallon which is kind of a halfway house right now, having taken on several fish that needed homes and will soon be re-allocated. I have a 3" red oscar, a 5-6" African Knifefish, a medium silver dollar, 3 small angelfish, and three cories. No aggression issues yet--all fish are reasonably small--but I am planning ahead:

Last weekend I acquired a 90 gallon tank with a pine stand via craigslist. I am doing a fish-less cycle on it (my first), and have it set up in our living room with an Eheim 2217. This tank, when ready, will house the red oscar, the silver dollar (the dollar probably needs a friend or two down the line) and possibly the knifefish.
philipsteele
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.09.26(Mon)1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there..I ma philipsteele...I am a researcher..and I want to do something for our societies...so let us start a long journey here....Smile
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: