Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New tank
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Dboy977
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.08.01(Mon)16:54    Post subject: New tank Reply with quote

Hello I just started a new tank 36 gallons had it for a month now. I have an angle fish,cat fish,and a betta I was just wondering what types of fish can I put in my tank,I would like to have a colorful tank of fish if u have any types of fish to recomend I would be very thankful for.it is a fresh water tank thank u.
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.08.04(Thu)16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome! Glad to see you asking questions...

I have a question:

1) Is your tank cycled? What are the ammonia, nitrate and nitrite readings? If this tank wasn't cycled before you added the fish you are risking losing them to an early death. Either way you do need to wait a few more weeks before you add anymore fish. Give the tank a chance to mature and get lots of good bacteria working to give your fish the best environment to be at their healthiest.

I am assuming you meant Angel fish (not angel? I don't know what that is)... Angels and Betta's should not be in the same tank. One will almost certainly start to pick on the other (probably the Angel attacking the Betta).

What type of cat fish? Many cats will grow to be too large for that size tank. But, if it's a cory cat then you are fine but would need to have several more to make a nice school as that makes them much happier and healthier.

You could eventually go with a school of smaller tetras (not all tetras stay small so you need to research that also) - however, several of the tetra species are known for fin nipping so you would want to research carefully before putting them with either the Angel or a Betta. I think a good size school for your tank size would be 8 to 10 - of the smaller type fish.

Others will give you other ideas that may work better... I'm not thinking completely clearly today.

Have fun learning what fish will be best for your tank! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: