Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sick Goldfish! Need help diagnosing asap please!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Vertebraillemery
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

bignellm wrote:
What other kinds of plants do you have in there? Slower growing varieties or hyper fast ones?...

If the tank isn't super heavily planted, maybe adding some more will help to consume the nitrates as they build up later.

I only have one fast growing plant, the other ones take a long time. I will definitely get some more plants. I've been meaning to, and this will just give me a better excuse Smile

Water change is done, and the temperature was lowered in the process. I'm sure the water getting warmer wasn't helping his situation.

I edited the first post and added a picture.

I appreciate the support btw Smile
Vertebraillemery
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like he's almost dead. He's barely breathing Sad

How long should I wait until I take him out? I mean, how long until he shows some kind of recovery? I feel as if it's too late and I should have fixed this sooner.

Sigh.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertebraillemery wrote:
It looks like he's almost dead. He's barely breathing Sad

How long should I wait until I take him out? I mean, how long until he shows some kind of recovery? I feel as if it's too late and I should have fixed this sooner.

Sigh.

In this state, it's unlikely the fish would survive transport to a hospital tank (The sudden shock would end it). Sometimes there isn't anything we can do. I would wait to remove the fish until you are certain the fish is dead or is going to die within a very short amount of time. Unless you think it is worth gambling at this point, putting the fish in a hospital tank.

If it was me, I'd wait out the clock and keep changing small bit of water every so often throughout the day, until the fate was certain.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)19:33    Post subject: What the? What is that black spot? Reply with quote

How long has the fish had that black spot near the tail? The pictures a little fuzzy there, but what kind of details about this can you give us? Is there redness around that spot? Is it raised up? Does it look like it has a different texture that the fish? Does it move or look like there are moving parts of it?

I'm not sure if this spot has anything to do with your fish getting sick or not. But if it does, it may explain why it is sick and your others are not.

My guesses at looking at the picture at the moment

A sore caused by Ammonia Burn
Black Ich
Fish Lice
Cancerous Lump
A common black spot Goldfish sometimes get, that is completely harmless.

Your welcome on the support. Very Happy We all need to have some every now and again. This fish represents a good 4 year relationship you have. Not many things these days lasts that long.
Vertebraillemery
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)20:50    Post subject: Re: What the? What is that black spot? Reply with quote

bignellm wrote:
How long has the fish had that black spot near the tail?

He's had that a decent amount of time. There's a couple on the other side of him as well. And around his eye. I think it's a harmless spot, as it's the same texture and such as the rest of his body.

In the picture, it does look a bit odd, like red and swollen. It's not like that in real life.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.20(Wed)21:31    Post subject: Re: What the? What is that black spot? Reply with quote

Vertebraillemery wrote:
bignellm wrote:
How long has the fish had that black spot near the tail?

He's had that a decent amount of time. There's a couple on the other side of him as well. And around his eye. I think it's a harmless spot, as it's the same texture and such as the rest of his body.

In the picture, it does look a bit odd, like red and swollen. It's not like that in real life.

Probably is harmless black specs in his pigments then.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: