Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Albino Cory sickly Please Help!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
mako_chan
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.09(Sat)18:11    Post subject: Albino Cory sickly Please Help! Reply with quote

I have two albino corys and recently one of them started laying on the bottom of the tank a bunch, this morning we moved him into an isolation chamber inside the main tank. He has been laying on his side all day and hardly moving and not eating. I think it may be something like swim bladder but I have no idea on how to help the little guy. When I was moving him into the isolation chamber he was still swimming fine but couldn't keep balance. The tank is a 10 gal with 2 sunset gouromis, 4 neon tetras, a rainbow fish and the corys.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.10(Sun)10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long has the tank been set up & how much & often do you change the water please?
mako_chan
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.11(Mon)5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tank has been set up for a month and a half. I haven't been doing weekly water changes and I now know I should. The first couple water changes were done 2 weeks from each other. When I do a water change I try to go no more than 25%. My cory has died, we got 2 more now, and 2 plecos and 2 snails. One of the plecos seems to be doing fine, but the other one isn't so much. This morning I found him upside down on the bottom of the tank and unmoving. I flipped him right side up and am waiting to see if he moves in a little bit. I have a planted tank and was wondering how to go about vacuuming gravel around them.
Any helpful words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thank You
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.11(Mon)8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please return the new fish as the tank was already overstocked.

The tank is still cycling and your fish are suffering form ammonia and /or nitrite poisoning.
You need to be doing daily water changes for the next two weeks and then 25% twice a week. Just add dechlorinator to the water you add to the tank.
Do you have a gravel cleaner or siphon?

Please read about the nitrogen cycle in the articles to the left <-
mako_chan
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.11(Mon)13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gravel siphon, but I think it is too big or small. It hardly picks up gravel and when I use it it takes a lot of water out before I can get too far.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: