Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Apple Snail Aid
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.01(Fri)18:26    Post subject: Apple Snail Aid Reply with quote

I have never had snails before and I am wondering. Is this new shell growth in this picture, or shell deterioration from soft water? I really hope its growth, as my water perimeters were fine when Local Pet Shop tested for me.

But if its the water, need to make a run to store soon, to rectify before any more damage occurs.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.02(Sat)19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it's starting to look like to me, that it's turning yellow like the rest of shell. Which for me, seems like one heck of a growth spurt. He's only been in there 1 week! And that spot of new shell looks like a good 1/4'' addition. WOW! Shocked

He/she's been super active today, unlike the last few days of casual leisure hanging upside down in the fake log decoration. He's been doing some zig-zags all over the glass and even tried to hang upside down on the top of tank from a floating piece of Penny Wort and quickly but safely sank with it to the bottom. Laughing So much personality from a snail! of all things.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.06(Wed)20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snail's shell turned completely yellow over course of few days. So, that was one heck of a growth spurt! Surprised A few months from now and snail might be pretty large... Cool
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.07(Thu)0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear!
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.07(Thu)12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin took two PS's last night... as well. Was unusual to see, as snail hides 24/7. Was on top of two shells and just moved off... looked close and saw two empty shells underneath... Talk about finally!!! Took out two who where probably mating Wink

Apple is entering another period of inactivity it seems. Looked close and see another layer of grayish shell at opening. Going to go into another growth spurt it seems Shocked
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: